- January 11, 2022
- Posted by: Aelius Venture
- Categories: Coding, Information Technology
Using a web framework is now a need for building both front-end and back-end web applications that perform well together. Technology becomes more complicated as it aids in the creation of important web platforms. Finding backend frameworks that provide the best balance of scalability and performance can be difficult, given the wide range of options available.
Here are some prominent backend frameworks that you can use in web application development to assist you.
A front-end or client-side framework helps you design and implement a new user interface more efficiently. Consequently, it does not take into account the work done in the browser because it is unrelated to business logic
You may create a wide variety of animated characteristics using SPAs (Single-Page Applications) and front-end development frameworks. It is impossible to compare client-side frameworks due to their functionality and use.
Simple pages, landing pages, and various forms can be created using the architecture of server-side or backend frameworks. Another benefit is that it makes the web more secure when someone tries to get in.
For the framework to perform successfully, it needs to focus on the most important and accurate aspects of your project. Back-end web development is made easier by these key traits.
Overview of Backend Frameworks
Backend frameworks are the library of tools and modules that are used to build a website’s architecture from the server-side perspective. Web app performance is greatly affected by it, and whether or not your project is a success depends on it. Most of what backend frameworks do is to make things easier on the programmers who use them.
Benefits of Backend Frameworks
The goal of backend frameworks is often to automate the output associated with software development activities. In terms of web development, the following are the key advantages of utilizing this framework:
Popular Backend Frameworks
Your web development projects will benefit from the top backend frameworks that offer great performance, fast development, and customization. Each of them will be discussed in further depth below.
1. Ruby on Rails
A web application development framework developed in the Ruby programming language; Ruby on Rails (commonly known as Rails) is an open-source project. Model-View-Controller and DRY (Don’t Repeat Yourself) are encouraged by the framework.
- On the code written by developers, Ruby performs a series of tests. Time and effort are saved, and high-quality development is achieved.
- By sensing simple formal components, RoR aids in the construction of advanced matching elements.
- Programmers can choose how the app database works with this functionality. When this occurs, the framework automatically and appropriately generates the necessary code for the application. Interfaces are automatically created by the method.
- As a result of this functionality, programmers may easily integrate their pre-existing code into their framework for large projects.
- A number of major libraries are available in RoR, which can provide developers with all of the necessary tools for creating high-quality database access libraries, product AJAX libraries, and common tasks libraries.
- Because of its combined automated testing function, RoR includes test-driven methodologies. Developers benefit from this functionality since it reduces errors and improves consistency. As a result, this framework is authentic and simple to use.
- Many jobs are made easier with RoR, which saves a lot of time and effort. So it helps you attain your goals faster. It also works faster and better, ensuring quality.
- If you’re having issues with your Ruby on Rails application, you can seek assistance from one of the many competent and experienced Ruby on Rails engineers.
- Scalability in RoR allows developers to handle more complex tasks. This is true even if you’re working on a relatively modest project because RoR can grow it without sacrificing quality.
- While other tools struggle with logic complexity, RoR does it with remarkable accuracy, helping programmers write better code that produces the results they want.
Python web framework Django is available as open-source software and is widely regarded as one of the best in the field. Using it, you can create database-driven, complicated websites for free. Spotify, DropBox, and the Washington Post are three of the top Django applications.
The Django web development framework is recommended for startups that place a high value on high-quality online design and development. XML, JSON, and HTML are all supported formats for this framework. StackOverflow Developer Survey results show that Django is the most desired web development framework for the year 2021.
- Due to the cache and code reusability features of Django, Django apps are able to handle increased traffic demands.
- In order to prevent SQL injections, CSRF attacks, and XSS assaults, Django automatically disables numerous security features.
- Developers can take advantage of this unusual feature by using packages to include functions rather than developing code from scratch. Since it saves time, programmers are free to work on other aspects of their applications.
- Reactive and asynchronous programming is supported by Python-based Django’s Model-View-Template architecture.
- These apps are easy to optimize and make SEO-friendly because you can manage them on servers through URLs instead of IP addresses.
- Because of Django’s multi-element support, programmers can make use of multiple components at once. To add a new feature, you don’t have to create new code. Because it’s so easy to develop MVPs, it also speeds up the process.
- There are over 2000 developers in the Django community. There is no better way to find a solution to your problems than with this help.
- Content management systems (CMS), as well as social networking and news websites, can all be built with Django.
Express.js is a Node.js web app framework that can be used to build a wide variety of online applications. Web and mobile applications can benefit from its features. The MEAN stack backend framework is used by developers to create online apps and APIs.
When it comes to web frameworks, 23.82% of the Stack Overflow Developer Survey participants ranked Express as their favorite.
In today’s world, firms like Myntra, Accenture, Uber, MuleSoft, MySpace, IBM, and others employExpress.js for web development.
- Access to the client’s request, database, etc. is provided by this component of Express. Many Express.js features depend on this library, and it is usually the one responsible for keeping them well organized.
- Express provides a number of Node.js standard capabilities that you can utilize throughout the program. Development time is cut as a result.
- With the use of server-side HTML template engines, developers may easily construct dynamic webpage content with Express.
- Web pages can be preserved using URLs in Express’s routing mechanism.
- It’s easier to troubleshoot web apps using Express since it provides a debugging tool that helps pinpoint exactly where errors exist.
- The use of Express speeds up the scaling process for your web project. The use of Node.js and a few more tools will allow you to scale your app very quickly.
- In order to build a web project with Express, you don’t need a team of engineers on both the front and back ends.
- Because of the large community support, you may obtain help if you run into problems when using Express.js.
- The Express.JS framework is supported by the Google v8 engine. Because of this, you should expect faster processing and fewer errors.
When it comes to building strong and cutting-edge web applications in Python, Flask is one of the best options. Instead of running on the user’s browser, it’s a WSGI framework that operates on the webserver instead.
The most widely used web framework in 2021, according to Statista, is Flask (16.14%). In another report by Jetbrains, 46% of Python developers choose Flask to make web apps, which is a good thing.
- Tools such as Werkzeug and Jinja2 are included in the Flask framework for generating WSGI-compliant web apps and building templates.
- Flask’s built-in development server includes an engaging debugger and allows developers to implement Python code in the browser if an error occurs during a request.
- A microservice built with Flask may be quickly deployed and set up with minimal effort. With fewer levels of abstraction, it’s a more compact framework. An MVP can be easily generated using this method.
- Simple and quick to start up, Flask is a framework for building web servers. It is able to package core pieces by default as a result of this capability.
- When developing RESTful APIs, Flask has a RESTful extension that requires little set-up. It efficiently handles HTTP and RESTful queries and eliminates HTTP boilerplate code.
- Different URL arguments, built-in dynamic parameters, templates, and HTML attributes are all available in Flask to help you improve the responsiveness of your online project.
- With its ability to handle a large number of requests, independent of the adjusting requirements, Flask is well-known for designing scalable apps.
- A well-documented and unopinionated framework that is simple to learn, Flask is a great choice for web development. Beginners can therefore quickly learn.
- Using new or trending technologies more quickly, Flask facilitates experimentation. Consequently, it’s an excellent platform for experimenting with new or novel web development features.
Using MVC design, Laravel is a free and open-source PHP framework for building Symfony-based web applications. One of the most popular web frameworks for backend development. It’s possible to use relational databases with Laravel’s app maintenance and deployment services, as well as other features.
- With hashed and salted password approaches, Laravel provides a high level of app security. When generating an encrypted password, it takes advantage of the Bcrypt Hashing Algorithm, too. To prevent SQL injection threats, the framework employs pre-written SQL statements.
- Create layouts and content with ease using Laravel’s lightweight in-built templates. Widgets with CSS and JS code can also be found on the site. Sectioned designs can be as simple or as complicated as you like using Laravel templates.
- Eloquent ORM is included in Laravel, as well as an easy Active Record implementation for PHP. Instead of writing SQL code, ORM aids PHP app developers in creating database queries.
- In order to easily individualize business logic and presentation layers, Laravel supports the MVC architectural style of programming. There are a number of benefits to the MVC framework, including improved security, scalability, and performance.
- In order to make use of SwiftMailer, Laravel has developed an easy-to-use API. Drivers for SparkPost, Amazon SES, Mailgun, SMTP, and Mandrill are included in the framework. Besides that, it features PHP mail drivers and mail sending functionality.
- Application mail can be sent via a local or cloud-based service with Laravel’s quick application mail feature. Notifications can be sent using a variety of delivery methods.
- Laravel’s minimal settings make authentication implementation a breeze. Managing authentication logic and controlling access to resources is simplified using Laravel’s easy-to-use framework.
- PHPUnit support and a ready-made phpunit.xml file are included in this test-friendly framework. Expressive app testing is made easier with Laravel’s helper approaches. Simple user behavior simulations for app requests links clicked, and forms filled out are also provided by this tool, which is free to use.
- Error handling and a pre-configured exception are standard features in Laravel projects. Monolog logging library integration and numerous log manager support are also included.
- Memcached, Redis, and other well-known caching backends are all made easier by Laravel. File cache driver is used to store objects in a file system that have been cached. Cache configurations can also be configured in Laravel.
Golang framework Gin Gonic is a popular choice for building high-performance APIs since it includes many useful libraries and capabilities. REST APIs with great performance is made possible by using this simple and lightweight framework.
In comparison to Martini, Gin has a Martini-like API, but it performs up to 40 times faster in comparison. Improvements in efficiency and effectiveness are ensured by using this framework.
- Incoming HTTP requests can be handled by a variety of middleware provided by Gin. You can use tools like GZIP, Authorization, Logger, and more to save data.
- A JSON request can be parsed and authenticated using Gin. An example of this would be the presence of core values.
- To render HTML, XML, and JSON documents, Gin provides an API that is simple to work with.
- When you use Gin, your routes are more efficient because it groups them together. A further advantage of this system is that it allows you to stack groups indefinitely without sacrificing performance.
- Radix tree routing and a tiny memory footprint are provided by Gin. API performance is improved as a result of this change.
- When an HTTP request fails, Gin may be used to collect all of the errors that occurred. In addition to storing them in a database, middleware can also log them and communicate with them over a network connection.
- During an HTTP request, Gin is able to identify and fix any issues that may have occurred. Your server is always ready, so you don’t have to worry about downtime.
- New middleware can be quickly and easily created with Gin. Sample code for creating new middleware may be found here.